If you are new to the blogging world, you may have a lot of questions about how to blog. It’s quite a bit to take in all at once. That’s why many seasoned bloggers like myself write articles like this one, to help you learn how to blog. We remember what it was like when we started, and we want to help you get a good foothold. Especially if you want to host reviews on your website you want to be sure you are writing quality reviews and following all FTC guidelines.
How to blog: The Importance of a Quality Review
When I first started branching out into the world of reading and writing product reviews, there was something that really bugged me and that was the low quality of reviews I was constantly running into. I’m not saying the writing was bad, or that the post was horrible. I’m saying, the review itself was poorly done.
When you are a reader looking for more information for a product, you want a detailed review. You want to know why you should spend your hard earned money on a product. You want to know what other people liked or disliked about the product. But I was constantly running into reviews that basically all they did was say, “Here is the product I’m reviewing. This is the company it is from. This is the item description. This is the price. This is where you can buy it. Now go buy it.” And that was it. I was often let down. I don’t think they knew how to blog a quality review.
How to blog a Quality review, key features to include.
1. An eye catching introduction. As with any writing; you need a good introduction; something that the reader can relate to. Sometimes questions are great for drawing in the audience as they may be experiencing the same issues that the product solves. Or you can give a short insight as to how the product you are reviewing fits into your life, or how it solved a problem you had. Again, this is to be short and something that will draw in your audience.It is meant to help the audience relate to the product and want to continue reading. At the same time, you want to let your readers know quickly what the product is that you are reviewing, introduce the product in this introduction. Readers don’t like to scroll and hunt for what the article is about. Another way to achieve this is to list the product you are reviewing in the title of the post.
- Why is this product good for your family?
- How well does it perform its designed function?
- How well was it received in your home?
- How sturdy is the product? Is it durable or will it quit performing its function in a short time frame?
- How does this product compare to the competitor products on the market?
- Did you share the product with other people? What did they think of it?
- Are there any cons?
Be sure to check current FTC regulations if you reside in the USA. You are subject to their legal requirements. They change often, so be sure to stay up to date on what is legally required.
7. Include a Conclusion. As with any writing assignment; a conclusion is always a great way to end. It sums up everything that has been discussed and reminds the reader of the key points in the article. This also gives you the opportunity to invite the readers to participate in a discussion.
After you finish summing up the most important parts of the article, a great way to close is with questions. These allow for easy conversation flow for the readers as they leave comments on your blog. Maybe ask your readers what they like most about the product. Or, if they owned a product, what would they use it for? Things of this nature help spark ideas for your readers and encourages them to interact with you more on your blog.
How to blog a review in a nutshell.
Knowing how to blog a quality review is merely writing the review as if you were the reader that was investigating the product and wanted to know more about it. What worked? What didn’t? Why should you spend your money on this product? Include photos, Links, and interact with your readers! Don’t forget the legal disclosure, and sum up all the key points of the review at the end!
I hope this has helped you have a better understanding of what goes into the review posts at JadeLouise Designs, and also gives you a better idea on how to blog your own quality review! I love interacting with my readers, so if you have any comments, ideas, or questions feel free to leave a comment below!
Leave your question below and I’ll be sure to answer it!
Do you have any questions about how to blog?
Follow our Blogging 101 series menu for more helpful tips on How To Blog.
What did you find most helpful from our How to Blog a Product Review article?
This is a revised writing of an Original Post on Wikimommy by JadeLouise Designs.