It’s the new year and that means the focus is on eating healthier. After the holidays it is always a great time to clean out the house of all the junk food and just reset our bodies. But as all research shows, you can’t just toss out the bad and expect to be successful. You have to replace it with something good. For us that means stocking healthy snacks.
Swapping to Healthy Snacks made easy
I inherited my sweet tooth from my mom. She just loved sweets just as much as I do. But she was also very conscious of not over indulging. She taught me about finding balance between healthy snacks and sweet treats. And when you do want to indulge, most of the time you can satisfy a sweet tooth with a healthier alternative to the sugar induced coma that the holiday treats offer.
So to help get our families back on track in the new year, there are a few tips you can follow to enjoy healthy snacks.
- Clear out the old sweets. And I mean clean it out! Don’t buy any junk food. And get rid of what is in the house. No more suckers, candy canes, brownies, fudge, sodas, etc. Get it all out.
- Increase your water. Most of the time when I am craving sweets, a good drink of water can satisfy me. I wasn’t really needing sugar. I needed more water.
- Increase protein. Another funny thing about my body is when I need protein, I crave sweets. Odd right? But if I increase my protein intake then I am able to withstand a lot more of the sugar cravings.
- Reach for fruit as healthy snacks.
We have a nice stash of Cuties in our house right now for when the sugar cravings hit. They are super juicy and sweet. So I can feel like I’m getting a treat. But really it is a healthy snack option.
Plus Cuties make a great companion to breakfast, or for a snack in the middle of the day, or even a sweet treat. I keep them handy at my breastfeeding station for when the cravings hit while I’m nursing.
And I’m not the only one in my house that loves Cuties. My oldest’s teacher recommends that the kids bring snacks to school to enjoy during 1st recess to keep their minds alert all day. So Mr Jonathan loves to bag up 2 Cuties to take with him each day for his morning snack.
Cuties are healthy snacks for curbing those sweet cravings everyone has! It’s the perfect food to stock in your pantry to help you swap out the sweets.
And to help encourage kids to sweet swap for healthy snacks, Cuties has an awesome Cuties Music Video that encourages kids to pick Cuties over candy.
And they feature some pretty sweet dance moves the kids can copy! You can share your photos of your kids’ sweetest moves on social platforms (Cuties Facebook, Instagram & Twitter) with #IWantCuties hashtag.
Like the song? The Cuties Song download is now available for free! Visit the Cuties Facebook page for more information, as well as recipes, fun tips, crafts, and brand updates!
How do you swap for healthy Snacks?
When do you enjoy sweet Cuties?
She is dedicated to helping you leave a legacy of moments and celebrated milestones for your family to treasure generation after generation.
Latest posts by Amber (see all)
- Easy Thanksgiving Wreath DIY - Cute Turkey for Your Front Door - November 19, 2019
- The secret ingredient to the perfect Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies everytime - October 30, 2019
- Haunted Halloween Fireplace Mantel Ideas - October 15, 2019