I’m a pretty loyal person. I’m loyal to my friends and to me family. I’m loyal to actors and musicians…so when they perform something I don’t feel is up to snuff, I feel personally offended. I’m also loyal to authors. Usually that’s for good reason. And the reason is that they’re good!
Nicole Deese is one of my favorite authors. And I can happily report that I’ve never felt betrayed by her. Everything she’s written has been amazing. I found her very first novel, All for Anna, by accident. I read it and I’ve been hooked ever since. I can’t tell you how many people I’ve converted to Nicole’s following.
Recently, her novel The Promise of Rayne was released.
This highly anticipated love story was totally worth every second of waiting! My only complaint is that I devoured it too fast. It was beautiful. Just beautiful. It’s a story of love, deception, danger, and loyalty. Hey, there’s that loyalty thing again…You’ll just love it. I know you will!
I loved Rayne. I have never been a successful businesswoman like Rayne. That’s not something that appeals to me. But she is a strong person who is trying to do what’s right. She wants to stay close to her roots and uphold her family legacy. I can appreciate that, for sure! At times when she maybe doesn’t make the decisions that I (as a reader) think she ought to, it’s because she’s scared and a little unsure of what to do. Uh, that’s totally me! I always muck things up when I’m under pressure.
Like I said, you’re going to love The Promise of Rayne.
And since I’m such an avid fan of her work, I thought I’d give you 5 reasons to love Nicole Deese.
Except, of course, the obvious, which is her gorgeous hair!!
5 reasons to love Nicole Deese:
1. She’s a real person. If you follow her on IG or FB, you’ll see that there’s no reason to feel weird around her. In fact I stalk her so thoroughly on social media that I feel like we’re besties. And we would be…except for the fact that we’ve never met. 😉
2. Her faith shows in her books. I think it’s tough in today’s world to stand firm in one’s beliefs, whatever they are. I respect people that do, especially when they’re in the public eye. Nicole’s books are never “preachy,” but they ring with truth. And I love that.
3. She introduces us to swoon-worthy characters. Have you met Kai? Or Briggs? How about Jackson, Weston, Patrick or Levi? No?! You’ve got to stop what you’re doing and Go. Meet. Them. Well, after you’re done reading the last few reasons to love Nicole. (BTW. Briggs is my favorite. I’d scoop him up in a second!)
4. It feels real. Have you ever read a book that was so real that you felt like you lived through it too? I’ve felt this way after reading almost every book Nicole has written. She has a way with words (so I’d say she’s in the right profession, eh?) and she’s able to capture emotions I didn’t know anyone else felt except me.
5. She never waivers. What do I mean by this? Now, I’m not saying all her books are the same, because they are all so totally unique. What I’m saying is you can always expect certain things from Nicole. A very well written book. A hero and heroine you can’t resist. A sticky or dangerous situation, and a well deserved ending. And please, let us NOT forget the love. Real love and romance and passion that have nothing to do with smut or inappropriate scenes.
There are so many more reasons to love Nicole AND her books, but I really think you ought to check her out yourself. You can find her on Amazon here, and on Goodreads here. Send her a shout out. I know from experience she loves to connect with readers.
Find The Promise of Rayne on Amazon. I would say you should buy it for a friend, but you should buy it for yourself first and then for a friend!
And once you’ve finished Nicole’s books, check out Amber’s list of Top Regency Authors. You’re welcome/I’m sorry (depending on how you feel about adding more books to your TBR pile…)