Happy Thanksgiving! I am hopeful that you are all enjoying a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family. There are so many things for all of us to be thankful for. So as we are preparing for our exquisite feast today, I wanted to take a moment to be thankful and share with you just a few things that I am thankful for this year.
5 Things to be thankful for.
1. It may be quite obvious and cliche, but truly I am thankful for my family. I am thankful every day for my beautiful children who bring purpose to my life and my amazing husband who works so hard and sacrifices so much for all of us.
2. I’m thankful for the amazing neighbors I have. On more than one occasion this year, many of them could be found shoveling my sidewalks, raking my leaves, bringing me meals when sick, watching my children when needed, dropping off plates of goodies and just being there to talk when I needed it. I”m so thankful to be in such an amazing neighborhood.
3. I need to be thankful for the blessing we have of such a nice place to live. It may drive me nuts at times with it’s little quirks, but it is a sturdy, warm roof over our heads, with plenty of space for our little family. We have a fenced yard, means to do our own laundry, electronics for preparing meals, and a place to lay our heads at night. This is far more than many others can claim at this time. We also have been blessed with such a wonderful landlord, who is kind, understanding and allows us freedom to make this house our home. Even if that requires a few alterations.
4. I’m thankful for the ability we have to provide for our children and our household needs. Many families do not have the luxury to have a job or an income. Although ours is far from where we would like to be, I must be thankful for what we do have! We have been blessed to be able to pay the most needed bills. We have been able to put food on our table and dress our children. We have been able to allow my husband to return to school full time so that he can better our situation. I’m thankful to God for always blessing us with our needs, even though at times He has to say no to our wants. Our needs have always been met. And I”m truly grateful.
5. Last and definitely not least, I’m thankful for you! I truly am thankful for all my readers, those of you who visit frequently and those who are new. I am thankful for your support as I expand to do something I truly love to do; write. I’m thankful for the opportunity I have to stay home with my children and still provide a meager income that we can use for that power bill that was slightly higher one month, or for that new coat when my child outgrows the old one, or for a special date night with the Husband when we finally have time to spend together. I’m thankful for the outlet this blog has provided when I felt like I truly belonged in an insane asylum and my children were driving me there. Being a parent is hard; and having this blog with such amazing readers have offered me a creative outlet to find balance between being a parent and being me. So I thank you!