Remember that delicious table spread I had going on yesterday? Click back to it if you need to jog your memory.
So one of the turkey dishes that we served were these amazing Mustard Turkey Kabobs.
(And if you’re wondering, I’ve found that both spellings – kabob and kebab – are correct. So I’m going with kabob because it feels more natural.
Back to my life. My parents really tried to make me like kabobs when I was a kid. I always assembled my own, and I’d put chicken and pineapple on it. And that was it. No onions, no peppers, no zucchini. Just meat and pineapple.
When I got a package of Honeysuckle White turkey bratwursts, I thought, I might as well try something new.
So we whipped up these mustard turkey kabobs. Um…yum!
- 1 TBSP Brown Mustard
- 4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 4 Honeysuckle White Turkey Bratwursts
- 1 lb small red potatoes, boiled until soft and quartered
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1 ¼” squares
- 8 skewers, soaked in water
- Combine mustard, vinegar, olive oil and honey in a bowl and mix until smooth. Set aside ⅓ sauce for basting.
- Place sausages in a pot and cover with water. Bring to boil and gently simmer for 10 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each sausage into equal sized chunks.
- Toss potatoes, onions, and sausages into the mustard glaze. Mix until everything is well coated.
- Thread potatoes, onions and brats onto skewers.
- Place skewers on a grill or pan over medium high heat. Brush with reserved mustard mixture.
- Grill and turn until sausages are completely cooked and internal temp is 165* F.
There is something about these kabobs. The onions become almost sweet. The potatoes give it the right amount of earthy flavor.
And the turkey brats? Boy. I can’t even tell you. If I’d known about these as a kid, I probably would have made a kabob of only turkey chunks.
Tomorrow I’ll tell you all about that delicious potato salad. Oh man. You won’t want to miss it.
In the meantime, looking for something to do this summer? You know, besides grilling. 😉 Here is our list of 21 great things to do this summer!