I always find it interesting to see what people love to read on my site. Especially since then I can know exactly what types of articles you all love to see the most. Then I can write more of them! I thought it would be fun to take a moment today to look back at my top posts of 2012. We get to see which articles were the most popular overall, and the most popular in each of my most popular categories! In a way you can say these are my best posts of the year. Or at least they are the ones that get the most traffic from our many social media channels and from search engines. Take this opportunity to browse our most popular posts and if you are new to our site, it’s an easy way to find our top posts!
Top posts of 2012 overall
This last year we had 88,693 Unique Visitors and 192,725 Pageviews. Not bad seeing as in 2011 we only had 2,281 unique visitors and only 10,352 pageviews for the year. So we have definitely grown leaps and bounds. Our top 5 posts of 2012 overall had a little surprise for me. Our top post of the year has been the top post of the year all year long. It continually gets traffic and is one people have bookmarked over and over again. I am thinking, it’s a great one! Definitely check it out. A few of the most popular posts are new posts published just within the last few months, so it surprised me that they were popular enough to make it onto the list. But I just love seeing what you, my amazing readers find to be the most interesting content.
3. Elizabeth Arden Prevage Lash review
4. Beware of Dogs
5. If the Shoe Doesn’t fit shoe auction site review.
Top Posts of 2012-Recipes
3. How to create Sparkling Juice: With Soda Stream and DIY Carbonated Juice. One that everyone can make.
5. Christmas potpourri Simmer Pot Recipes
6. Bacon Potato Soup and Mandarin Orange & bacon salad Recipes
Top posts of 2012- Crafts, tutorials and More.
2. The many uses of Baking Soda
3. Blog Button Tutorial
4. Fashion Fabric Hair Bow no sewing required
6. Smarties Christmas Craft
Top Posts of 2012- Reviews
1. Elizabeth Arden Prevage Lashes
2. Philips wake up light
3. Lotus Bumz Cloth Diaper
4. Shoe Care Supplies, High Heel Stretcher
5. Batiste Dry Shampoo
Top Posts of 2012- Where My readers come from
So this one isn’t quite about my own articles, but it does have a lot with how my site performed last year. Many bloggers may wonder just where all you amazing readers find my site. It can help them figure out what areas they can improve on to increase readership on their own sites, if they know which sources have brought me great traffic this last year. So these are the top 5 referring sources for our traffic of 2012.
1. Google Search (organic)
2. Facebook.com (I was surprised about this as it has been a horrible traffic source for the last 4 months; so it must be all the traffic it brought me at the beginning of the year that kept this spot for it).
4. Rafflecopter.com (From giveaways)
The irony is if we were to take just the last 3 months, the list of sites would have two very big changes. Twitter would not appear on this list and Facebook would be last, but Pinterest would be included. Interesting how things change from the beginning of the year and then at the end.
My goals for 2013, is to continue to grow our blog, improve our content, increase recipes and tutorials. I will be getting some advice from my dear friend from MadeByMarzipan, my favorite craft blog, on how to create video tutorials! Then I will hopefully be able to bring you some crochet video tutorials as well! She is brilliant and if you haven’t checked out her website, you definitely need to! She has amazing craft video tutorials!
What are your favorites of our Top Posts?
Latest posts by Amber (see all)
- Back to School Shopping Checklist Printable - August 11, 2017
- The Best Learning Toys for Kids - August 9, 2017
- Adorable Gender Neutral Hot Air Balloon Diaper Cake - August 8, 2017