Remember the struggle of loosing a sock in the wash? It still happens in our house all the time, even with a new washing machine! I swear there is a sock monster that lives in our laundry room. So what do you do with that collection of single stray socks? Do you throw them out? No, we use them in crafts! And being the holidays a great way to use up some of those white stray socks is a fun sock snowman craft!
Sock Snowman Craft
The little sock snowman is simple to create. Yet they are so adorable too. Plus you are utilizing an old sock that you normally would have just thrown out! So Win again!
1 Pair Work Socks
10 C Rice
4 Pins (2 the same color )
Scarf This can be a piece of ribbon, or fabric, your choice
1 spool Thread that matches the sock color
1 Pair Scissors
3 Buttons (optional)
1 tube Super glue (for sticking on the buttons)
1. Cut the sock in half just past the ankle area towards the toes. Set aside the toe portion for now.
3. Start filling the open end of the sock with rice. Fill till it’s almost full, but with some room to tie it closed. As you fill, lift the sock to distribute more rice near the lower half of the sock to form the body of the snowman.
Fit the hat on the snowman and adjust where you feel looks good. Remember to leave room for eyes and a nose!
And that is all there is to it! Your Sock snowman is now complete!
You can do different variations and different looks for the Sock snowman based on the type of stray socks you have. Make it look more rustic with different colored socks. The ability for creation choices are endless!
Where would you display your sock snowman?
How many sock snowman crafts could you create with stray socks in your home?
Latest posts by Amber (see all)
- Keeping Summer Healthy with Kids probiotics. - May 25, 2017
- DIY Easy Hot Air Balloon Party Favors - May 19, 2017
- Try the MILKA OREO CHOCOLATE CANDY + $25 WALMART GC Giveaway! - May 17, 2017