I love the holidays and I love holiday goodies. Especially the Holiday cookies! But I don’t always have the time to make things from scratch. So I like to try making things the easy way. Like these easy Rolo Snickerdoodle cookies!
So what do you do when you have deadlines to meet, boys to run to scouts, another boy to run to orchestra practice, a baby who wants mommy’s attention and a 7-year-old who just wants to bake cookies with mommy?
You do quick Betty Crocker Cookies to get it done!
I love these Betty Crocker Cookie mixes! They turn cookie baking into something so easy that even a frazzled Mom who is extra busy can get it done!
Because we always have to make time for doing fun things with the kids.
Miss Jade loves to help me bake cookies. And these Betty Crocker Cookie mixes makes it really easy too! We can quickly get in some holiday baking, make lasting memories as a family, and all in just a few moments.
The Betty Crocker Cookie Mixes come in all these delicious flavors:
- Sugar Cookie Mix
- Gingerbread Cake and Cookie Mix
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- Double Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix
- Molasses Cookie Mix
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- Oatmeal Cookie Mix
- Peanut Butter Cookie Mix
- Pumpkin Spice Cookie Mix
- Rainbow Chocolate Candy Cookie Mix
- Snickerdoodle Cookie Mix
- Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- White Chip Macadamia Nut
My favorites are the Chocolate chip, Snickerdoodles, Peanut butter and Double chocolate chunk!
Last year I used the Sugar Cookie mix to create Raspberry Filled cookie cups. And oh goodness, they were Heavenly! And definitely made my Holiday baking easy!
For this baking season, I want to show you just how insanely easy it is to make gourmet Rolo snickerdoodle cookies in half the time!
Rolo Snickerdoodle cookies made easy.
First follow the directions on the back of the Betty Crocker Snickerdoodles cookie mix.
This way you have your snickerdoodle cookie dough in half the time.
Combine the cookie mix, butter, egg and water into the mixer.
Set aside the Cinnamon Sugar.
Beat the cookie mix ingredients until you have a soft dough.
Unwrap the Rolos.
Now using a cookie scoop, portion out the cookie dough. Be sure to use a SMALL cookie scoop. I used a regular one and my snickerdoodles to Rolo ratio was way off. You need a SMALL cookie scoop!!
Put a Rolo in the center of the cookie dough and form a ball around the Rolo.
Did you know cookies bake better and roll better when they are cold? For easier time making cookies, put the prepared cookie batter into the fridge for about 20 minutes before portioning out onto the cookie sheets. For Snickerdoodles this is actually a crucial step.
Roll the dough in the cinnamon sugar until it is evenly coated.
Bake 8-10 minutes for regular size or 9-11 minutes for large cookies. You don’t want to overbake. So watch them carefully.
Allow to cool on the cookie sheet a minimum of 1 minute before removing. If you don’t they will crumble and fall apart.
Remove from cookie sheet and enjoy!
As you can see, my cookies came out large. So don’t let your eyes deceive you! A small cookie scoop is actually what you need to use. You don’t need a lot of cookie dough to cover that Rolo! And they will turn out much better with a smaller amount of dough to Rolo ratio.
But, even with too much cookie dough to Rolo ratio – our Rolo snickerdoodles still tasted amazing!
You can store any leftovers in an air-tight container for about a week, if they happen to miraculously last that long.
- 1 bag Betty Crocker Snickerdoodle cookie Mix
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- 1 bag Rolo chocolate candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Unwrap Rolo Chocolate candies
- Empty cookie mix into mixing bowl
- Combine cookie mix, butter, egg, and water until soft dough forms
- Portion out cookie dough with a cookie scoop.
- Place 1 Rolo chocolate candy in center of cookie dough portion
- Form cookie dough around the Rolo chocolate candy into a ball.
- Pour cinnamon sugar packet into a small bowl.
- Roll the cookie dough ball in the cinnamon sugar until evenly coated.
- Place dough 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes for regular size or 9-11 minutes for large cookies
- Let cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet.
- Cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.
This is how you make Holiday baking easy! With the help of the Betty Crocker cookie mixes!
You can pick up your Betty Crocker cookie mixes at your local Walmart in the baking aisle.
As you can see, our kids were all excited about the selections. We are now all set for fun holiday baking all season long!
If you try these simple Rolo Snickerdoodle Cookies be sure to Tag us on Instagram! We’d love to see your creations!
Which Betty Crocker Cookie mix will you try?
How will you enjoy these Rolo Snickerdoodle Cookies?
Latest posts by Amber (see all)
- DIY Homework Snack Station + Printable - February 17, 2017
- Amazing Samsung Device Deals at Walmart this Tax Season! - February 17, 2017
- Pot of Gold Crochet Cup Cozy Pattern - February 15, 2017