Summer is in full swing now, and if you are like me, you are probably looking in desperation for fun new activities to help keep your kids active and away from TV, while still providing entertainment for your kids. Outdoor equipment and toys are a great way to keep our kids active, and entertained. But as a loving and nurturing parent, I don't just want any random toy that would break and leave my kids in tears. So I went on the hunt to find something they would really enjoy, is durable and yet could still be used by the entire family, and that is when I stumbled across the Plasma Car.
The Plasma car is one of the world's bestselling children's ride-on-toy. It's received numerous awards including
- Top Spring and Summer Kids Essentials by disneyfamily.com
- National Parenting Center, Seal of Approval
- iParenting Media Toy Award in the Toy Category
- Fat Brain Toy Award in the Active Play Category
- And many more!
The Plasma Car doesn't require batteries, pedals or electronics of any kind. It uses pure inertia, centrifugal force and friction to power its motion. The Plasma car is produced by the renounced PlaSmart manufactures, the same ones who produced the Perplexus toy we fell in love with last Christmas! This is a company that knows how to blend education and fun together in quality toys the entire family can enjoy!
It may seem odd, but I really liked how everything in the box was also contained in this fun sealed bag. It made pulling all the pieces out of the box easy, and ensured that none of the pieces could get lost or fall out of the box if it was to acquire a hole in shipping (this seems to happen a lot in our area).
Some assembly is required with the plasma car. But the instructions are well written and are quite simple to understand. I was surprised that one of the tools needed was a rubber mallet. The even bigger surprise is that we didn't have one! Even with the Husband's obsession with tools and we didn't have a rubber mallet. How does that work? But they offered an alternative method in the instructions which allowed us to use a regular hammer with a wood block. It worked well and soon I had all but the steering wheel assembled.
The Steering wheel required using more force than I am able to do with my carpal tunnel, so we had to wait for the Husband to arrive home from school so he could tighten the bolt tight enough to ensure it was put together safely, but after that, it was ready to go! It didn't take long at all to put the plasma car together, and between me and the husband it only took about 10-15 minutes for full assembly.
The plasma car features a wider seat so even older kids at heart can sit. Yes, it can hold up to 220 pounds, so even adults can have fun on this great ride on toy! And yes, I admit, I also took a turn riding on the plasma car and it really was fun!
The plasma car runs solely on science and motion, no batteries or electronics included! The magic is in the front wheel, and the motion of turning from side to side propels the car forward. It is however important that you only use the Plasma car on flat surfaces, as the wheels don't have traction; even slight inclines of surfaces hinder it's ability to move forward. Finding a completely flat surface is a little harder in our rural area, even our parking lots have slight rises and falls; but we were able to get a fairly good area from the parking lot near our home to try out the plasma car.
It rides smoothly, easy to steer and definitely brought a lot of smiles to my little one's faces. I love how it can turn almost on a dime! It offered a lot of fun for all three of my kids, even though there was a diverse difference in age, and even I had great ride! My kids got a great laugh at watching mommy drive the Plasma car. But even with me, it propelled forward just as smoothly and was actually a lot of fun.
Our family has loved the plasma car and the fun it brings our family! It is a fun electronic free toy that our entire family can enjoy and enjoy outdoors in fresh air!
Would you love to win a Plasma Car?
One of JadeLouise Designs' Readers will Win one!
Simply enter via the Rafflecopter form below!
- Winner will receive the a randomly selected Plasma Car.
- Contest is open to the US/CAN ONLY to ages 18+.
- Prize Cannot be shipped to Hawaii, Alaska, or PO BOXES sorry.
- Review/giveaway bloggers are not eligible to win
- Winners will be announced via the Rafflecopter form below once they have been selected, verified and accepted their prize.
- Winners will be notified via email. Winners will have 48 hrs to confirm and accept or another winner will be drawn.
- Giveaway closes at 11:59pm EST July 25, 2012
- View full terms and conditions on the rafflecopter form.
- prize is sponsored by PlaSmart
Latest posts by Amber (see all)
- Ozobot Programmable Robot for kids - November 25, 2015
- Discover the LeapFrog EPIC and why it makes a great Christmas Gift - November 23, 2015
- A Beginners Guide to Baby Photography, 10 Baby Portrait tips. - November 23, 2015