I absolutely love fresh peaches. As if you couldn’t tell from all our peach features such as Honey canned Peaches, Honey canned Peaches, Peach fruit leather, and maple peach jam. Not to mention our tips for working with peaches such as how to peel peaches easily and how to freeze peaches without sugar! So what could possibly be left to talk about peaches? How about an amazing fresh peach pie recipe with a cinnamon sugar crust! Oh yes please!
Mouthwatering Peach Pie Recipe
Last week we went to the fruit stands and purchased a full bushel of peaches. And while I spent Saturday blanching and freezing them, I ran out of cookie sheets to freeze the preaches on! So what do you do with about 5 cups of sliced peaches? Make pie!
I have actually been wanting to make a peach pie for quite a while. But I have been worn out with this pregnancy and didn’t think I could pull it off. I mean that’s just one more thing to be doing on my feet.
So when I realized I had more peaches left over than I had room to freeze them, I guess that made up my mind for me. It was a sign I needed to make our peach pie.
Begin by creating our perfect flaky pie crust. Seriously you won’t regret it. I have made pies with store bought crusts before, and the kids can tell. They even comment on it. In fact last time they said, “I liked the filling, but I didn’t like the crust. What did you do different?” Well, I used a store crust instead of my homemade crust. Yeah, I can’t cheat or trick them! So now it always has to be our homemade pie crust!
After you blanch your peaches, peel them, slice them, then you want to rinse them in a lemon juice mixture. Place the peaches in a water mixture of 1 Tablespoon lemon juice for every 2 cups water. Lightly rinse them and then move on.
In a separate bowl combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Then gently add the peaches and stir gently until it is well mixed and the peaches are coated.
Line a pie tin with the bottom pie crust. Then beat 1 egg and lightly brush the crust. This helps to keep it from getting soggy.
Gently fill the pie crust with the peach mixture. Pat with the butter.
Now gently add the top pie crust. Make sure to flute or crimp the edges of the top and bottom pie crusts together to prevent separation during baking. And be sure to cut a few vent lines in the top crust to allow it to vent out so it won’t bubble.
Now you will again lightly brush the top of the pie crust with the beaten egg mixture. This helps the pie crust to cook evenly and prevents spots from burning.
Lightly sprinkle with Cinnamon Sugar. This adds a nice crystallizing to the top of the pie crust and offers a sweet crispness to the crust when it is done.
Bake in a preheated oven at 450 degrees F for 10 minutes.
Then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F for an extra 30-35 minutes. Make sure to check after 30 minutes. It will be finished when the crust is golden brown.
Make sure to thoroughly cool (at least 2 hours) before eating. Believe it or not, this pie tastes much better warm or cold than it does steaming hot.
Fresh Peach Pie Recipe with cinnamon sugar crust
- 2 nine inch pie crusts
- 1 egg beaten
- 4 1/2- 5 cups sliced peaches
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 Tablespoons butter
- Sprinkle of Cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Peel and slice peaches.
- Rinse in mixture of lemon juice and water. .
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Gently add the peaches and stir gently until it is well mixed and the peaches are coated.
- Line a pie tin with the bottom pie crust.
- Beat 1 egg and lightly brush the crust.
- Fill the pie crust with the peach mixture.
- Pat with the butter.
- Gently add the top pie crust.
- Make sure to flute or crimp the edges of the top and bottom pie crusts together to prevent separation during baking.
- Cut vent slices in top crust
- Again lightly brush the top of the pie crust with the beaten egg mixture.
- Lightly sprinkle with Cinnamon Sugar.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 450 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F for an extra 30-35 minutes.
- Cool before eating.
You can serve it as is, or if you like your pie a la mode throw in a scoop of ice cream. It makes for a delicious summer treat.
How do you love to eat fresh Peach pie?
What are your experiences with our Peach pie recipe?
Latest posts by Amber (see all)
- DIY Woodland Rustic Cupcake Stand - July 13, 2017
- 7 Reasons Why the Amazon Fire Kids Edition is the Best Tablet for Kids - July 12, 2017
- Save on Diapers & Why You Need a Stash - June 29, 2017