Ok, let’s just face it. Summer means food. As much as we hate to admit it (and as hard as we try to keep our bodies bathing suit ready…) we just eat a lot during the summer. It’s true that we have the opportunity to be more active. With hiking and swimming and lots of summer walks. So I guess that makes up for it, right? 🙂
Summer barbecues will be happening with abandon this year and every year. It’s tradition.
And undoubtedly, you’ll be asked to “bring a side dish” to one of these shin digs. And potato salad might come to mind.
If it does, try this recipe for your next party.
Lemon Dill Potato Salad
- 5-6 medium Red Potatoes, boiled until soft
- 1 Tbsp dill weed
- Zest from ½ large lemon
- ¼ cup finely chopped green onion
- ½ cup mayo
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 tsp brown mustard
- Salt & Pepper
- Cut potatoes in ½ inch cubes and add to a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix mayo, Dijon mustard and sour cream until smooth and even.
- Add green onion, lemon zest, dill, salt and pepper and gently stir until all evenly mixed.
- Toss potatoes in the lemon dill sauce until evenly distributed.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
But by the third bite, you won’t even remember taking the second bite because you were too excited to get the third one in. My husband said after the first bite he wasn’t sure he liked it, but the more he ate, the more he realized he loved it. It’s just new, so it takes a second to adjust to it. But man oh man.
It is in a word: Yum.