A simple and free crochet pattern for a Pot of Gold Crochet Cup Cozy! Perfect for insulating your coffee or hot cocoa cup on St. Patrick’s Day!
This article also contains affiliate links to help you find products to complete this project.
Even though Spring is around the corner, that doesn’t mean we are giving up our hot drinks in the morning, am I right? I still love my hot spiced ciders, and hot cocoas. And I’m sure you all still love your coffee!
So for St Patrick’s Day, we have a very simple Pot of Gold crochet cup cozy pattern for you! It’s simple and can be completed in just an hour or two, depending on how fast you crochet!
And yet, it makes your cup really stand out and helps protect your hand from the hot contents!
Plus it is reusable and makes a great gift this Saint Patrick’s Day! So spread the lucky and offer a pot of gold for all your friends!
This pattern fits a Starbucks Grande Cup. You see, I have an obsession with Starbucks Peppermint creamy hot cocoa with chocolate whipped cream and chocolate sauce. Doesn’t that just sound amazing?
Yeah, I get them often. It doesn’t help that I have a Starbucks only 3.8 miles from my front door! That is a bit dangerous, am I right?
Now I have a cute crochet cup cozy to make my cup represent how my hot cocoa is my lucky pot of gold to keep me working on a busy day.
St Patrick’s Day Crochet Cozy Cup Pattern
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Cozy: Worsted Weight Yarn – Yarn Bee Soft Secret White /12
- Pot of Gold: Worsted Weight Yarn –
- Yarn Bee Soft Secret red / 40
- Yarn Bee Soft Secret Lime /60
- Yarn Bee Soft Secret Hot Turquoise /52
- Yarn Bee Soft Secret Black / 30
- Yarn Bee Fetching Citrine /205 (this has a shimmer in the yarn that helps the “gold” to shimmer.
- G hook
- Crochet scissors
- yarn needle for weaving in ends
For yarn, I prefer Yarn Bee. They tend to be very soft and seem to be Low-pill. And I love how detailed the stitches look when the project is finished because the yarn doesn’t frizz as much.
Stitches to Know:
- ss = Slip Stitch
- ch = chain
- sc = single crochet
- Hdc = half double crochet
Row 1: (cozy yarn) Chain 30. Slip stitch into the beginning chain to form a circle. Make sure you do not twist the chain. Chain 1 and single crochet around. Slip stitch to join. (30 stitches)
Row 2-9: ch 2, hdc around, ss to join
Pot of Gold
Start: Yarn Bee Soft Secret Black / 30 ch 4
Rnd 1 – (Working in one side of chain) sc in 2nd ch from hook, 1 sc, 3 sc in the last ch, (working in the other side of chain) sc in next stitch, 3 sc in last chain, ss to 1st sc to join.
Rnd 2 – ch 1, 2 sc in same st, 1 sc, 2 sc in next sc (3 times), 1 sc, 2 sc in next sc (3 times), ss in 1st sc to join.
Rnd 3 – ch 1, 2 sc in same st, 2 sc, (2 sc in next stitch, 1 sc) 3 times, 2 sc, (2 sc in next stitch, 1 sc) 3 times, ss in 1st sc to join.
Weave in ends
Yarn Bee Fetching Citrine /205
Row 1– attach w ss on the last stitch of the pot. Sc in the same stitch. 5 Sc, ch 1 turn
Row 2: 6 sc, ch 1, turn
Row 3: 6 sc, ss in last sc, finish off. Weave in ends.
Row 1 – Attach blue with a ss to same st where you attached gold , ch 1, attach to side of pot with a ss, (to the right of where you did 1st ss) 2 sc in each st evenly across to the top of the gold, 1 Sc in each stitch across and 2 sc in each stitch down the next side. ss to pot where gold is attached. Finish off, weave in ends.
Row 2-4 – Attach next color to first sc in the previous color with a ss, ch 1 , ss to pot, sc in each sc across previous color, ss to pot, finish off, weave in ends.
Once your Pot of Gold and Cozy are complete, sew your Pot of Gold to the cozy using black yarn around the pot and then red yarn around the red rainbow strip using the yarn needle.
Now simply slide it up onto your cup and you are good to go!
If you like this cozy pattern, you will like these:
Also if you are looking for more Cozy Cup patterns Check out Midwestern Mom’s Shamrock Coffee Cup Cozy Pattern.
YOU ARE ALSO GOING TO LOVE:
Studies have shown that if you really like this post, you will also love the following articles. 😉 I have pulled them together for you right here!
Be sure to press your luck, and see all the other fab St Patrick’s Day projects
- Rainbow Bobby Pins – Style on Main
- Pot of Gold Crochet Cup Cozy – Busy Creating Memories
- St Patrick’s Day Printable Cupcake Toppers – Diana Rambles
- Lucky Mini Terrarium – How Was Your Day?
- Shamrock Emoji Pudding Cups – Cutefetti
- St Patrick’s Day Glass Map Necklace – Food Fun Family
- St Patrick’s Day DIY Slime – Views from the ‘Ville
- Easy St Patrick’s Day Centerpiece – Upstate Ramblings
Latest posts by Amber (see all)
- Mouthwatering Mesquite Smoked BBQ Pork Roast - June 26, 2017
- Berry Tartlet Recipe; Red, White and Blue bite-sized pastry sweets - June 25, 2017
- How to Freeze Peaches without Sugar - June 22, 2017