Christmas is a truly festive time – all about family, food and celebrations. And while the kids are enjoying some time off from school why not get them involved with some Christmas baking and food preparation? Even if you are on a strict Christmas budget, there are some great recipes that you can use in the kitchen that won’t break the bank balance and that will keep the kids busy for hours. There’s nothing like messy activities together that will create lasting festive season memories for everyone. Kids love cooking and baking so get them away from the computer and switch off that TV and get them involved with some Christmas fun.
Three Easy Christmas Baking for kids; Best Recipes
Fudgetastic Fudge Christmas Baking Best Recipes
Skill Level : Easy
Prep Time : 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Ready to Eat : 90 minutes
- 4 and a half cups of white sugar
- 1 x 12 fluid ounce tin of evaporated milk
- 2/3 Cup of Butter
- 2 x 7 ounce jars of marshmallow crème
- 2 2/12 cups of milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups of peanut butter
- 16 ounces of chocolate candy
- 1 9x 13 inch baking tray
- Grease the baking pan and leave on the side for now.
- Put the butter, sugar and evaporated milk into a saucepan on medium heat and bring to the boil. Boil for about 7 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and very quickly stir in the marshmallow cream, chocolate chips and chocolate candy until it has all melted and is all mixed in.
- Pour the yummy chocolate mix into the baking pan and put dots of peanut butter over the mixture.
- Take a knife and swirl the peanut butter through the fudge giving it a marble appearance.
- Cover and place in the fridge until the mixture is firm enough to slice into squares for serving. Should take about an hour or so.
Mountain Apple Cobbler Christmas Baking Best Recipes
Skill Level : Easy
Prep Time : 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
Ready to Eat : 65 minutes
- 2 Big Granny Smith Apples that have been peeled, with the core removed and cut into 8 wedges.
- 1 and a half cups of white sugar
- 1 x 8 ounce can of refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 cup of melted butter
- 1 x 12 fluid ounce bottle or can of caffeinated citrus flavour soda
- 1 TBS Ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°degrees F /180 C
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Unroll the crescent roll and separate them into individual triangles
- Roll one apple wedge into a single triangle that has been cut from the dough.
- Place individually into the baking dish with the seam sides facing down.
- Mix the sugar, cinnamon and melted butter in a bowl and then spoon generously over the apple and dough rolls.
- Pour the soda over the rolls.
- Place in the oven and bake until the top is brown and the apples are soft and cooked through. The cobbler should be bubbling and then it is ready. It should take about 50 minutes or so.
Gooey Breakfast Rolls Christmas Baking Best Recipes
Skill Level : Medium
Prep Time : 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Ready to Eat : 8 hours 40 minutes
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- ½ cup of chopped pecans
- 1 x 1 pound loaf of thawed frozen bread dough
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- ½ cup of melted butter
- 1 x3.5 ounce of cook and serve butterscotch pudding mix
- Grease a 9 inch Bundt pan.
- Sprinkle the pecans into the pan
- Cut the bread dough in half and cut each half into 8 pieces
- Roll the 16 dough pieces into balls and put them into the Bundt pan on top of the nuts.
- Mix the brown sugar and melted butter together in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the butterscotch pudding over the rolls and then sprinkle over the cinnamon.
- Pour the butter mix over the rolls and then cover loosely with plastic wrap.
- Put it in the refrigerator and leave it overnight for the rolls to rise, or for a minimum of 6-8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Bake the rolls for 25- 30 minutes until they are nice and golden brown.
- Enjoy a mouth-watering feast for breakfast.
How do you enjoy your Christmas Baking with your kids?
Author bio: Korah Morrison, writer on essay writing services that help students to write essays of any complexity. She writes about seo, blogging, social media, internet marketing and other tips.
Latest posts by Amber (see all)
- Give Mom a Timeless Gift from Hallmark Jewelry - April 28, 2016
- Bye Bye Binky; Ten Tips to easily Wean the Pacifier - April 28, 2016
- Doughnuts for Breakfast! Mini Chocolate Donut Recipe - April 26, 2016