I received Sweet Creations by Good Cook Kitchen supply samples for review purposes to aid in the creation of our Chocolate Shortbread Cookies Recipe with cheesecake filling. All opinions are 100% my own.
Christmas is a time when we always bake up some delicious cookies to take to events, social gatherings and hand out to friends and neighbors. One of my traditional cookies that I usually make is a delicious Shortbread cookies with jam filling. They are also known as thumb print cookies. Now these are one of my favorites! But after making up a batch of Black Bottom Cupcakes; some wheels in my head started turning and I wanted to try altering my shortbread cookies recipe to go along with the filling from the black bottom cupcakes. Thus these amazing chocolate shortbread cookies were made!
I was really excited to try out my new cookie making supplies from Sweet Creations. I have been needing a new cookie dropper and cookie sheets. And I am completely in love with the Cookie cutters since they have a brilliant handle to help lift the cookie cutter out of the cookie dough. Love them! They really helped our Chocolate shortbread cookies recipe turn out great. I now need to make some sugar cookies so the kids can play with the cookie cutters.
Chocolate Shortbread Cookies Recipe with Cheesecake filling
Chocolate Shortbread Cookies Recipe w/ cheesecake filling
An amazing chocolate shortbread cookie with a coconut & chocolate chip cream cheese filling.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 Eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 package cream cheese softened
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream (room temperature)
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Combine butter and sugar in large mixing bowl until light and fluffy
- Beat in eggs and vanilla
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt
- Gently add dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix well.
- Using the Sweet Creations Cookie dropper, portion out cookie balls
- Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet
- Using clean hands, make an indention in the center of each cookie with your thumb; creating a well.
- Fill the center of each cookie with the cheesecake filling
- For a more decorative look, sprinkle with Coconut and place one Chocolate Chip in the center.
- Bake at 350 degrees 15-20 minutes.
- Make sure to check the cookies at 15 minutes first. If they still need more time; continue to cook until 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on the cookie sheet for Approximately 12 minutes.
- Using the Flex cookie turner; transfer the cookies from the baking sheet to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Combine cream cheese, egg, sour cream, salt and sugar until well blended.
- Stir in coconut and chocolate chips.
- Spoon into center of Cupcake mix.
Courses cookies, dessert
A special note to be aware of. You may want to double the cookie recipe as I did happen to have a lot of the filling left over with just one batch of the cookies. Or you can do one batch of cookies and one batch of the Black Bottom Cupcakes and end up just right.
I have to say I absolutely love the Flex cookie turner! I have been making cookies with regular kitchen spatulas and it’s often been a nightmare since I couldn’t get them easily under the cookie. I was able to transfer all the cookies without any problem. And not one of them fell apart on me; because I was able to offer full support of the cookie with the Flex Cookie turner. My new favorite cookie making utensil. Well; one of them. I absolutely loved everything I used to make these cookies!
So I never post a recipe on JadeLouise Designs that I don’t first test and have reviewed by our family. So the feedback on these cookies? TWO Thumbs up from both boys. Miss Jade wouldn’t stop trying to sneak them and kept saying “hmm..yummy cookies!” And the husband quite liked them too!
I personally found that they are quite delicious dipped in milk. It can be regular milk, coconut milk, Almond milk or Lactaid. It’s all good! Oh yum!
If you have a friend of family member who loves to bake; get them these Sweet Creations cookie making kits for Christmas! They will love it! And don’t forget to share this recipe with them so they have something delicious to try out with their new kitchen toys!
If you want to try any of these super fun Kitchen supplies to make your own amazing Chocolate Shortbread cookies recipe; be sure to use the 5% off coupon to goodcook.com for any Sweet Creations products. Use CODE: COOKIES
Also be sure to visit the Good Cook Facebook page to LIKE your cookies that they will be posting! By doing such you will be entered to win one of 10 Cookie Kits from Good Cook! Also check out Good Cook on Twitter!
Get the Sweet Creations by Good Cook Supplies:
- Sweet Mixing bowls
- High-tem spatula
- Flex cookie turner
- Cookie dropper
- Cookie Cutters
What would you pair with our Chocolate Shortbread cookies recipe?
When you make cookies, do you keep them all or share them with neighbors?
Latest posts by Amber (see all)
- Keeping Summer Healthy with Kids probiotics. - May 25, 2017
- DIY Easy Hot Air Balloon Party Favors - May 19, 2017
- Try the MILKA OREO CHOCOLATE CANDY + $25 WALMART GC Giveaway! - May 17, 2017